Mirror, Mirror on the Wall
Play some meditation music.
Flip back in your journal to where you wrote ALL the things you love/like about yourself. POSITIVE I AM affirmations/mantras such as: I am grateful. I am beautiful. I am worthy. I am a badass….. **These don’t have to be true, they may be things you wish to become true.**
Go to your mirror. Take 5 deep, cleansing breaths and read out loud what you wrote in that journal entry.
- Look yourself in the eyes and repeat the list
- Place your hands on your heart and say “I love you” 10 times
- Note any feelings that come up and where you feel them in your body
It’s ok if you feel awkward or uncomfortable, it usually is when you’re practicing it for the first time. Mirror work is so important when you’re rewiring your brain, it literally reflects back to you the feelings you have about yourself. Immediately you become aware of the words you say, where you feel resistance vs. where you’re open and flowing,
You’re learning to take care of yourself on a deeper level than you’ve done before. And at some point on your personal growth journey you’re gonna have to surrender and just do some mirror work~as you continue, you become less self-critical and the mirror becomes your friend instead of the enemy.
- The exercise above counts!!!!
- Daily Pages
- Set Timer if you want to and take 5 cleansing breaths
- How was your mirror experience? Where in your body did you feel feelings when doing mirror work? What connections can you make between feeling those feelings and what your current reality looks like?
Know you’re loved~